Volunteer Transportation was formed in 1975 to help meet the transportation needs of King County seniors and their families. A team of over 600 volunteers drivers use their own vehicles to drive seniors to medical, dental, eye, foot care and other essential appointments. Volunteer drivers provide a personalized, one-on-one transportation service. They drive seniors to and from appointments, waiting with them until they are ready to return home. Seniors who use our service appreciate the helping hand and moral support. There is no charge for Volunteer Transportation services.
Who is Eligible?
- Persons 60 years or better.
- Residents of King County.
- Persons able to transfer into a private vehicle with minimal assistance.
- Persons who cannot use other transportation options.
How to Schedule a Ride:
- No forms to fill out - sign up over the phone.
- Call (206) 448-5740 or 1-800-282-5815 by Tuesday (or before!) for any rides the following week.
- Have all details of trip ready.
- Caregivers and/or family welcome with prior notice.
- All rides dependent upon driver availability.
- Scheduling hours are 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday.
Inspired to volunteer for us?
Visit our Become a Driver Page
or contact us by calling (206) 748-7588 for more information.